Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established in the institution in 2013 as a prime measures for quality enhancement initiatives and quality sustenance accomplishments. The quality enhancement in teaching-learning is a continuous process and the goal is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution. The IQAC always encompasses the culture of belongingness and participation of stakeholders in all the activities of the institution. “Pursuit of excellence in Education” has been identified as the first and foremost distinctive feature in the vision of the institute followed by two other associated features, namely, Research and Entrepreneurship. The institution has extensively practiced outcome based education to increase knowledge, skills and performance of the learners. Student centric experimental learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies are adopted for enhancing learning experiences. The IQAC meticulously monitors the academic activities, channelize all efforts and institutionalize all good practices towards academic excellence. The IQAC comprises of head of the institution, senior faculty members, distinguished educationalists and industry experts, representatives of local management and stakeholders.
Major Focus of IQAC
Functions of IQAC
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the academic, research, and administrative performance of the Institution.
- To pursue activities in innovation, start-up, entrepreneurship and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- To promote measures for academic excellence through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
From Coordinator’s Desk IQAC
- Formulate and apply the quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Instill quality culture in terms instructional delivery and assessment processes for quality sustenance and enhancement.
- Publish and disseminate information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Create and facilitate learner-centric education through appropriate methodologies.
- Develop and arrange feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Monitor and document various academic activities leading to quality improvement.
- Develop and maintain institutional database for enhancing the institutional quality.
- Plan and organize training program, workshops, seminars, etc for continuous quality improvement.
- Prepare the Annual Quality Assurance report (AQAR) as per NAAC guidelines.
Netaji Subash Engineering College is one the premier self-financing engineering college in the eastern part of India. The students are the first and foremost concern of our institution and the society at large. The unstinting goal is to make our institution a unique place for engineering education and equally focuses the mind and personality of our students. Our institution imparting quality education since inception and it lies mainly on our dedicated faculty members, quality infrastructure, a large pool of learning resources and the last but not the least, our hardworking and brilliant students. Our main focus is on making our students a good human being and successful professionals for the challenging world. The IQAC through valued policies and activities committed to work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and enrichment.
Being the Coordinator IQAC, I would like to invite all stakeholders for providing time to time suggestions for continuous improvement in academics, infrastructures, research and others, which would be helpful in creating a more conducive environment for teaching-learning. We always believe in social values, principles of personal excellence, and care for others and devoted to work in coherence with the institute’s mission and vision.
Dr. Sukumar Roy
Professor-Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Coordinator-Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No.: 9433408287